August 31, 2009

Rookie mistake

I was very happy that Heath Slocum sank his twenty-five foot putt yesterday to win the Barclays Championship. He and co-leader Steve Stricker had hacked their way to the eighteenth green, each with a par-putt to shut out the group of players trailing by one stroke. Namely: Tiger Woods, Ernie Els and Padraig Harrington.

Why would an avid televised-golf enthusiast rejoice at the abortion of an epic playoff-to-be? Well, I neglected to record the program that followed the alloted PGA coverage time. Rookie mistake. So there I was, watching at around 11:00 last night, praying that one of these guys would make par so I could live with myself, not having missed a legendary sudden-death melee. The recording cut off a few seconds after Slocum's ball went in the cup. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment